Youth in Action Call for Applications: Youth support systems – partnerships
Source: Funding opportunities from SYFAB
There is a call for proposals under the European Union (EU) Youth in Action programme. The call is to support the development of partnerships between regional or local bodies in order to:
• Encourage their involvement in European youth and non-formal education activities
• Support their capacity building as bodies active in the youth field, providing non-formal education opportunities to young people and youth workers
• Promote the development of sustainable networks, the exchange of best practices and the recognition of non-formal education.
Funding will support the development of work around one or more of the following:
• Transnational youth exchanges
• National or transnational youth initiatives
• European voluntary service
• Training and networking
Proposals must be submitted by:
- Public bodies working at regional or local level, or
- Non-profit bodies active at European level in the youth field which have member organisations in at least eight programme countries of the ‘Youth in Action’ Programme.
However, non-profit, non-governmental organisations can be co-organisers and co-implementers of projects.
As with many EU programmes, there is a transnational element. Projects (apart from National Youth Initiatives) should be based on a partnership between two partners from two different Programme Countries, with at least one being from an EU Member State.
The deadline is 8 October 2010.
See the EACEA website for more information.
Tagged with: European funding • funding news • Funding Opportunities • youth funding