Job Opportunity: Advocacy Program Officer with Planned Parenthood
SUMMARY: Based on PPFA’s mission and goals, the Advocacy Program Officer facilitates the development, implementation, and long-term viability of PPFA’s international sexual and reproductive health and rights advocacy projects. Facilitates the improvement, quality, efficiency, and effectiveness of advocacy partners in Latin America and the Caribbean.
- Provides overall program monitoring/evaluation with participation of partner agencies
- Provides technical assistance to develop and plan strategies specific to each project for ongoing improvements that advance sexual and reproductive rights
- Prepares reports, including donor reports and proposals
- Writes articles for publication
- Collaborates with central office and other regional staff to develop new concepts, evaluate ongoing efforts, and integrate efforts into work of PPFA
- Liaises with sister organizations to leverage impact of partners and PPFA
- Support the work of the regional office
- Perform other related duties as assigned or requested
REQUIREMENTS: Law degree or other advanced degree in policy, international development or related field required. Three to five years experience in advocacy- or policy-related activities, project planning, designing, monitoring and evaluation, preferably with a reproductive health/rights focus. Minimum of 2-year work experience in Latin America.
SKILLS: Ability to work independently and as a member of a team. Ability to analyze and synthesize information to generate persuasive and clear verbal and written communications; Strong time management skills and the ability to multitask and meet deadlines with a keen attention to detail and follow through; Self-directed; Able to anticipate, prioritize, and manage tasks. Excellent written and oral communication skills in English and Spanish. Must be able to represent PPFA in a culturally competent manner. Must demonstrate good interpersonal and negotiation skills, in addition to ability to work autonomously, using good decision making and computer skills. Knowledge of reproductive health issues, specifically in developing
countries, is required. Knowledge of diverse groups, working with a multicultural workforce, and sensitivity and appreciation to cultural differences is required. Ability to travel a minimum of 35% of time. Fluent in Spanish.
Send resume and cover letter to email@example.com
See full job description or to apply online: https://plannedparenthoodext.hire.com/viewjob.html?erjob=48907
Source: Planned Parenthood
Tagged with: advocacy program officer • florida • job • opportunity • planned parenthood • reproductive rights