FRIDA | The Young Feminist Fund is recruiting passionate and committed young feminist activists to join its International Advisory Committee!
Founded in 2010, FRIDA is the only youth-led fund focused exclusively on supporting global young feminist activism to advance social justice movements and agendas. We believe in the collective power, expertise, and innovation of young feminist organizers to address root causes and structures of inequality in order to create lasting change in their communities.
FRIDA’s Advisory Committee plays a leadership role by providing advice and ideas in particular linked to FRIDA’s grant making, capacity development for grantees, regional outreach and resource mobilization. It is understood that this role will be flexible, but would be expected to be for a term of 6-12 months depending on shared needs. FRIDA Advisors are responsible for supporting the Co-Coordinators in the development and operations of the Fund. Please read the Terms of Reference and Application form for full details of responsibilities (available below). Check out the bios of our current Advisors and Staff members to learn more about who you could be working with.
Searching for specific regional expertise
As FRIDA approaches its third grantmaking cycle this May-August 2014, we are especially seeking young feminist activists to support the review of proposals from groups in specific regions of the world. We are specifically seeking advisors from the following regions:
- 2 advisors from Asia and the Pacific – specifically South Asia and the Pacific Islands
- 1 advisor from Central and Eastern Europe and Commonwealth of Independent States
- 2 advisors from Sub-Saharan Africa – specifically Western and Southern Africa
- 2 advisors from Latin America and the Caribbean – specifically South and Central America
- At least one of the advisors above must be a French language speaker
Selection Criteria for Advisory Committee Members
- Aged under 30 years at the time of application
- Three or more years demonstrated commitment to advancing women’s rights, equality and non-discrimination and feminist movement building;
- Three or more years involvement with young women’s organizations/initiatives working for women’s rights, including time in a leadership role at a local, national, regional or global level;
- Regional representation, thematic expertise and knowledge of specific constituencies;
- Skills in such areas as communications, capacity-building, or monitoring and evaluation;
- EITHER fundraising experience, such as applying for or receiving monetary grants from a grant-maker or donor OR at least two years working in a grant-making or funding institution (experience grant-making to young women’s groups and/or start-up, small or community-based groups highly desirable)
- Basic spoken and written English language skills
- Desired: spoken and written language skills in any of the following: French, Spanish, Russian, and/or Arabic
Please submit completed applications to email@example.com as soon as possible and before 9 May 2014.