Source: Mama Cash
Mama Cash is looking for an Interim Programme Officer for its ‘Money’ portfolio, replacing the Programme Officer Money during her maternity leave for an estimated period of 5 months, for 32 hours per week, starting 15 August.
Mama Cash aims to support its grantmaking in the area of economic justice for women, girls and trans people by hiring an experienced feminist project manager to manage a grantmaking portfolio titled Money. The portfolio supports women’s, girls’ and trans’ rights organisations and initiatives focused on social change in areas such as natural resource rights, land and property rights, and labour rights. The Programme Officer will work both independently and as an integral member of the Programmes Team.
The ideal candidate will have expertise in a broad range of issues related to gender and economic justice including in the areas listed above, knowledge of social movements in the global south and east, and be a highly competent project manager ideally with grantmaking experience.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Implement grantmaking priorities and strategies for the Money portfolio (economic justice for women, girls and trans people);
- Manage the budget allocation for the portfolio;
- Source, review and prioritize incoming grant applications from women’s, girls’ and trans organisations;
- Manage and maintain all follow up and files (payments, contracts, final reports) with groups that have received grants;
- Work closely with grantees to build their organizational capacities;
- Review and prepare analysis of final reports from grantees to highlight achievements and lessons learned.
B. Outreach and Communications
- Articulate trends and grantmaking priorities for the portfolio to outside audiences, including media, donors and various institutions;
- Conduct outreach to countries and areas that are strategic for the portfolio;
- Assist the Communications and Fundraising teams in preparing communications updates, funding proposals and materials about the portfolio;
- Serve as an informational resource to grantees.
C. Management and Supervision
- Provide feedback to the Director of Programmes in terms of advice about staffing, volunteers and procedural issues;
- Manage some fiscal responsibilities.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Knowledge of women’s human rights and the work of women’s, girls’ and trans’ rights groups, plus a commitment to the mission and vision of Mama Cash;
- In-depth knowledge about gender and economic justice;
- Strongprogramme management skills, including supervision, budget management and priority setting;
- Strong written and oral communication skills in English and ability to perform analytical and research work;
- Demonstrated oral and written fluency in at least one other language relevant to Mama Cash’s work preferred;
- Well-developed leadership and people skills, with a demonstrated ability to support and encourage team members;
- Ability to coordinate and manage complex tasks, and to problem solve;
- Ability to meet deadlines and motivate others to do the same;
- Sensitivity and appreciation for diverse viewpoints and different communication styles in a politically and culturally diverse environment.;
- Strong skills in PC environment, and in using MS Office; familiarity with database programmes;
- Ability to work independently with little supervision.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Minimum 4 to 5 years substantive professional experience in women’s rights or social justice;
- A Masters degree in the social sciences or related field is preferred (such as gender studies, anthropology, sociology or international development);
- Previous experience in the global south and east preferred;
- Substantive knowledge of and familiarity with grantmaking processes and procedures preferred;
- Substantive knowledge of and familiarity with networks and NGOs in the areas of economic justice.
Are you interested in the position?
Both a letter of motivation and CV (resume) need to be submitted in English and stating number
5001, to email@example.com
Deadline for application: 6 July
Job interviews will be held on 10 July
Please note that an EU work permit is required.
For more information please contact Hanneke Timmer, Human Resources Advisor, phone: 020-5158700.
What does Mama Cash offer?
We offer an engaging and professional work environment in an international foundation committed to diversity, solidarity, peace and justice. Our office is centrally located in Amsterdam.
The gross full-time monthly salary for this temporary position depends upon experience and is based on CAO Welzijn scale 9; (min.) €2,557 – (max.) €3,713 exclusive of 8% vacation, 13th month and pension plan.
For inquiries, please visit Mama Cash’s website