IGLYO has been invited to be part of UNESCO’s global event on homophobic and transphobic bullying in May 2016. It will be a unique opportunity to present the issues faced by LGBTQI young people in education to decision makers from around the world. IGLYO is looking for your personal experiences of homophobic and transphobic bullying in school to create a short film and photo exhibition to present at the event. We want to show the faces and tell the stories of the individuals behind the statistics.
There are three ways to get involved:
- Create a short filming the interview questions below
- Write an account using the interview questions below
- Send a high quality photo and some quotes about your experience
IGLYO especially welcomes entries from young people outside of Europe.
- Film Interview
We would like people who have been affected by bullying to answer as many of the following questions as possible (Feel free to leave out any ones you would rather not answer). You can either answer the questions by filming yourself or sending us an email with a photo and written answers. Please remember to send a high quality photo of your face too.
- Tell us your name, age, country of residence, gender identity and sexual orientation.
- Tell us about your overall experiences of school?
- What is your experience of bullying in school (either directly or witnessed)?
- What were the immediate/longer term impacts?
- Final message about how it should be for LGBTQI young people in school
- Please also keep your answers brief (maximum 1 min per answer)
- Try and start each answer using the question, eg/ My overall experience of school was…
- Please ensure that you have a white/plain background
- Make sure the sound quality is clear and there is no background noise
Please follow the photo guide below around framing yourself:
2. Written Account
Please send a high quality photo of your face and answers to the questions above
- Please keep answers to a maximum of 4-5 sentences
- Please write the answers directly in an email or in an attached Word document
- Please send a high quality photo with your email
3. Photo and Quote
Don’t have time to answer all the questions? Just send us a high quality photo of your face and one or two sentences about your experiences of bullying.
IGLYO will attempt to use as many interviews as possible, but cannot promise that everyone’s submission will feature in the final film due to the very strict time restrictions.